Thursday, January 22, 2009

A conversation this morning before leaving for class...

Chelsea: Why do you have so much aspirin?
Tara: Because Profe said that I should bring aspirin because people need it here! But what am I gonna do, shake some into their hands? So far since I've been here the only thing I've been asked for is a F*&KIN' CARAMELO and I don't have any of those! "Oh here, little boy, I don't have any candy, but I have DRUGS!"
Chelsea: Hm. Well, why do you have so many band-aids?
Tara: I have SIX HUNDRED AND TWO! That was another thing he said that they don't have a lot of here. So I have SIX HUNDRED AND TWO band-aids... y'know, just to out-do the Orishas by one.

I can now say that I know why people say this country requires a sense of humor. There are so many bizarre things about it, I think you'd go crazy if you didn't laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment