Friday, February 13, 2009

Magic Dioxide: A Love Story.

Recently, among the ruins and desolation of this sad little island, I have found love. And I have found nutrition. Who is my love interest, you may ask? His name is Magic Dioxide.

On an ordinary evening stroll through the local grocery store (lovingly called the Galeria) I casually perused the cookie section, sadly unable to find the tea biscuits I was craving. My grief for said biscuits was much like Romeo's regarding his loss of Rosalind, and much like him, I was unaware of the great love which was soon to entire my life. Quite unexpectedly, I spied my Juliet: a purple and yellow box adorned with flying bumble bees in pointy hats, and the word GRATIS displayed in red across the top. Intrigued, I examined the box more closely. "Magic O's," I thought to myself, and was reminded of the good ol' days when we used to eat E.L. Fudge cookies after school. I snatched a box up, and paid some ungodly amount of CUCs to bring them home with me.
Once at the humble abode, I examined the box closer, noticing several important things:
1. These were not Magic O's. These were Magic O_2, as in two oxygen molecules, as in dioxide!
2. These chocolatey morsels contained vitaminas y minerales!

I was enchanted. And, after trying one, I was amazed to find that they did, indeed, taste like E.L. Fudge cookies. Visions of second-grade afternoons danced through my head, and vitamins and minerals were absorbed in my body. Score.

Since this special day, the Magic Dioxides and I have been inseparable. They come with me everywhere: class, walks, just relaxing at home. They are love.



In other news, I've attended a couple concerts that are part of the International Jazz Festival that's going on right now, so I'll have to share some photos from those. I've also redone the blog (as I'm sure you noticed) to something a little more funkay and personalz. You know how I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment